Friday, 11 April 2014

PROM SEASON PICKS: DRESSES (Part 1)

The prom season is fast approaching and oh my, it has been nearly two whole years since I have had my prom! I still remember frantically searching for the perfect dress and suitable accessories to go with it. Unlike America, us Brits only have one prom at the end of our senior school, so we had to make the most out of it!

To help you girls out a little, I have picked out a few prom dresses from dressv.com that would be lovely for your big night!

Pink Dress     //     White Dress

These two are the classic elegant dresses that I've picked out, I think pink and white are such gentle colours that instantly makes anyone look ladylike! I especially love the addition of the trail of roses on the pink dress as well as the golden satin ribbon bow on the right that adds a little something to the dresses. 

Black Dress     //     Blue Dress

There is something about those two dresses above that is old-fashion-like. I love the high neck of the black dress as it reminds me of the traditional neck collar of the Chinese clothing - qipao. This black dress is fully lined with a built in bra so it's very comfy to wear for the long night ahead! It is finished off with some beautiful floral embroidery on sheer fabric as well as beading embellishments. On the other hand, the blue dress on the right is more plain compared to the black one as it doesn't have any embellishments at all. However, the nature of the satin emits a slight sheen which is enough already. The full ruffles of the dress reminds me of the rockabilly era which I really like.


This final one caught my eyes when I was browsing through their dress gallery, it looks very luxurious and unique, and the colour of the dress - consists of greens, emeralds, blues definitely reminds me of a mermaid's tail! The dress has a boat neckline but the sweetheart neckline created by the thousands of sequences is also clearly visible as there is mesh material on the upper chest area. I think anyone would look absolutely amazing in this dress and I would love to capture the moment when they twirl in this!

Lastly, I'll leave you with a little tip: If you're buying your dress online, make sure you double check that you have all the correct measurements before purchasing it!

Hope you like my selection of dresses! Visit http://www.dressv.com/cocktail-dresses-2014-c103450/ for more dresses :)

Love,
Mannie x

1 comment: